Facebook is looking to branch out and launch its own job board later this summer according to multiple sources. The sources also acknowledged that Facebook isn’t going to try and become a huge competitor in the job recruiting market (like Monster.com), but represents a threat to other social networking sites such as LinkedIn.
Three job-posting companies that will be included in the project are BranchOut, Jobvite, and Work4 Labs. Some have already begun to inform their clients of the new service, which could debut in early August. Facebook doesn’t plan to monetize the service initially, and sources are unsure whether or not Facebook plans to do so in the future.
Another detail we are unsure about is whether job postings would be integrated into your newsfeed or would be a separate portion of the site in general. Facebook previously announced a partnership with the U.S. Labor Department back in October to provide new job-hunting services. LinkedIn, which had a very successful IPO and has been dominating the job-recruiting industry, has seen its stock drop nearly 5.5%(-5.96) this morning today due to the report of Facebook’s own job board service.
Things could definitely get interesting between the two if Facebook does launch a successful professional connectivity service. We’ll keep you updated on the matter as more info becomes available. Would you use a job listing service from Facebook if made available? Let us know in the comments section below.
- 2014-04-24 Facebook Launches Newswire To Deliver Breaking News
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Achieves 1 Billion Mobile Users Each Month
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Lays Out Blueprint For Future Standalone Apps
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Messenger Has 200 Million Users
- 2013-05-30 The Wall Street Journal Reportedly Looking To Launch Social Network Of Their Own
- 2012-05-10 Bing New Architecture: Introducing Snapshot and Social Sidebar
- 2012-04-19 BranchOut Wants to Beat LinkedIn with $25 Million Raised
- 2011-04-06 LinkedIn gets new recommend buttons