Before Sony acquired cloud-gaming company Gaikai, Samsung and Gaikai announced a partnership in which Gaikai would deliver its cloud gaming services through Samsung’s Smart TVs earlier in June. Samsung has continued onwards despite the purchase and has begun to offer closed betas of the cloud gaming on LED 7000 or newer models of connected HDTVs.
To be eligible, you must also have the latest 1023.0 firmware pre-loaed along with the Gaikai app installed( a 20.4 MB download). As an incentive, the first 150 testers accepted into the Early Access Program will receive a free Logitech game pad. If you aren’t one of the first to receive a Logitech game pad, you can still use any Xinput controller. If your Samsung TV is too old for the closed beta, don’t fret as Samsung and Gaikai may choose to extend the beta to HDTVs manufactured before 2012 as time goes on. Let us know if you are in on the closed beta and what your impressions of the cloud gaming on the Samsung Smart TV are.
Next Story: Facebook Want button pictured
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2012-06-06 New Samsung TVs Can Play In Gaikai's Cloud