If you’re looking out for the next HTC handset, it might be a mid-range offering that falls into its Desire range of phones. According to the folks at Stuff.TV who were tipped off by an anonymous HTC source, the next Desire phone – codenamed HTC Proto – will feature a 1GHz dual-core processor, 768MB of RAM, and 4GB of internal storage. It will pack a 3.5″ (800 x 480) display, run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (with HTC Sense of course), feature a microSD card slot, a 5-megapixel rear camera, and a 1,650mAh battery.
No word on how the phone will look like, but we wouldn’t be surprised if it kept HTC’s classic Desire shape that was used for most of its phones in the past. Pricing and release date are yet to be revealed but the phone is expected to arrive later this year. It doesn’t sound too far-fetched to be a rumor, though we feel that HTC doesn’t need yet another mid-range device in its lineup. Then again, choices are always good for consumers. Stay tuned for more details.
Next Story: Desktop builds for Firefox OS now available
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-03-25: HTC BlinkFeed Available To All Android Users Soon
- 2014-03-25: AT&T HTC One Mini To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Soon
- 2014-03-25: Diving deeper into the HTC One (M8)