It took its time but it’s finally here: Hulu today officially announced the arrival of Hulu Plus on Apple TV. You now no longer have to make use of AirPlay just to get Hulu Plus via your Apple TV – launch the app on your Apple TV rightaway and you’re good to go. All you have to do is make sure you have a Hulu Plus subscription ($7.99/month), an Apple TV (with the Hulu app installed).
With Hulu Plus on your Apple TV, you now have access to TV programming from hundreds of content partners including networks like ABC, NBC, FOX, The CW and Univision. This means you’ll get to stream shows like Family Guy, Modern Family, MasterChef and New Girl without any hassle. Apple TV just got a lot better.
- 2014-04-10: 2014 Apple TV May Rely On Motion Control Technology
- 2014-04-08: New Apple Set-Top Box Hinted In Comcast/Time Warner Cable Filings
- 2014-04-08: Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-04-07: Amazon Fire TV Handles Android Mirroring Nicely
- 2014-04-02: Analyst Thinks Amazon's Fire TV Will Motivate Apple To Revamp The Apple TV
- 2014-03-28: Roku CEO Calls The Apple TV A "Money Loser" For Apple
- 2013-03-19: Apple TV 5.2.1 Firmware Update Brings New Hulu Interface