Bad news for those of you with HTC Desire HD phones, it appears that you might not be receiving an official update to Ice Cream Sandwich. According to the folks over at GSMArena who spotted in an upgrade list for devices on Telus (a Canadian carrier), the HTC Desire HD won’t be getting the update due to “poor device performance during testing”. Pretty strange when you take into account that the Desire HD features the same processor as the HTC One V and has more RAM and the latter runs Ice Cream Sandwich just fine.
Hopefully it’s just an issue with Telus and not a sign for all HTC Desire HD phones worldwide. HTC previously promised that the Desire HD would be getting the update to ICS, so backing down when it’s expected to arrive wouldn’t look good for them. Fortunately, there are tons of custom ICS ROMs out there for Desire HD users so not all is lost if they would like to upgrade their phones unofficially. Any Desire HD users out there still waiting for the official upgrade to ICS?
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2012-07-27: HTC explains why the Desire HD won't be getting ICS
- 2012-07-22: HTC Desire HD will not receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system update
- 2012-07-02: HTC Incredible S to get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich?
- 2012-05-28: HTC Sensation XL starts getting Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-05-04: HTC EVO 3D Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM leaks