Awhile ago we had confirmation of the 4G LTE BlackBerry PlayBook, and not long after that we saw it visit the FCC. Well, it looks like the tablet is finally on its way to retail outlets. The folks over at Mobilesyrup managed to get their hands on a screenshot of the launch plans for the tablet. The 4G LTE-capable tablet is scheduled to hit retail outlets in Canada on July 31st and will carry a price tag of $549.95 (539 USD). No word on a US release date though.
As for the specs of the tablet, it will have a 7″ 1024 x 600 display, a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0, 1GB of RAM, 5-megapixel rear camera, 3-megapixel front facing camera, a 4,800mAh battery and will only come in a 32GB version. Not sure how well it’s going to sell in this day and age, especially when RIM isn’t exactly on top of its game but this LTE tablet should make a good alternative for those of you who don’t want to pick up a Windows/Android/iOS device. Anybody looking forward to the 4G LTE BlackBerry PlayBook?
- 2013-11-07: BlackBerry PlayBook 2 Rumors Start Circulating
- 2013-06-28: BlackBerry 10 Will Not Be Headed To The PlayBook After All
- 2013-04-30: Blackberry CEO Rumored To Share Tablet Plans On 15th May During Blackberry Live
- 2012-12-24: Possible native BBM app on the Blackberry Playbook spotted
- 2012-12-20: BlackBerry PlayBook Gets Igloo Update
- 2012-07-30: 10" BlackBerry PlayBook spotted?
- 2012-06-08: RIM confirms 16GB Blackberry Playbook discontinuation
- 2012-06-07: 16GB Blackberry Playbook appears to have been discontinued
- 2012-05-22: Blackberry Playbook with LTE gains FCC approval