There are apps for our smartphones that takes advantage of the built-in gyroscopes and accelerometers to simulate light sabers, whereby swinging our phone about could simulate light saber buzzing sounds and clashing effects. If you ever thought that would make a great game, Microsoft is reportedly working on a project dubbed SwordFight. Utilizing a technology called FAR, this allows phones to detecteach other by how long it takes from the sound from one phone takes to travel to the microphone of the other. Points are scored by bringing your “sword” within 15cm of your opponent’s. Unfortunately there are no plans to release SwordFight to the public at the moment, but if you’d like to check it out, you can watch the video above or head over to Microsoft’s website for more details.
- 2014-04-21: Phil Spencer Admits More Needs To Be Done For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-21: Motorola Solutions Licenses Microsoft IP For Chrome And Android Devices
- 2014-04-21: Microsoft Expands Retail Presence In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Downgrade Windows Phone 8.1 To 8.0 Possible
- 2014-04-21: Office 365 China Launch Finally Takes Place