Word has it that Update 8779 is being sent out to majority of the Nokia Lumia family, where this particular update will no doubt deliver brand new features as well as bug fixes. After all, what good is an operating system update if it will not be able to introduce a slew of bug fixes and make the entire user experience a whole lot more stable, right?
The Nokia Lumia 900 version 2175.2101.8779.12201 will see users enjoy enhanced sensitivity for proximity sensor performance as well as improvement to your smartphone’s screen colors, especially under low light conditions. As for the Nokia Lumia 710 version 1600.3031.8779.12180, Internet sharing (Wi-Fi Hotspot) is enabled so that you can share your current Internet connection over Wi-Fi with up to five other devices or computers. Are you in a conference or meeting and realized that the silent mode has not been turned on? Fret not, “flip to silence” is also introduced with this update.
As for the Nokia Lumia 610 version 1066.0000.12201, it will deliver enhanced sensitivity for proximity sensor performance as well as improved sound level for alarm tone during voice calls. Anyone given the updates a go yet, and how do you find it?
Next Story: ASUS Padfone receives new OTA update
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft-Nokia Deal Sees Some Last Minute Changes
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-02-28 Nokia Lumia 630 Specifications Leaked (Rumor)
- 2014-01-23 Nokia Sold 8.2 Million Lumia Smartphones Last Quarter
- 2013-03-18 Nokia To Offer Software Updates For Lumia 920, Lumia 820, And Lumia 620
- 2013-02-24 Nokia Lumia 520 should be called Lumia Mini
- 2013-02-24 Nokia Lumia 720 With f1.9 Camera Lens