If you’ve ever wanted to know what the iPad looked like before it was released back in 2010, we’ve got the answer right here for you. The folks over at Network World recently did some digging through some Apple/Samsung court filings and discovered a bunch of images showing mockups of the iPad from the early 2000s. It seems that Apple was already working on tablet prototypes sometime between 2002 and 2004 – many years before Samsung’s Galaxy Tab came to life.
And despite being worked on so many years before the introduction of the initial iPad, it looks like it hasn’t changed very much. Minus the inclusion of the home button on the front facing screen and the reduced thickness, the current iPad looks just like the prototype version of the tablet. If you’re interested in checking out more photographs of the iPad prototype, hit over to Network World.
Next Story: GigaOM Mobilize: define the mobile first world
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2014-04-08: Adobe Lightroom Mobile For iPad
- 2010-06-28: iPad arcade prototype build