After just releasing some photos of what Gottabemobile claims to be iPhone 5 engineering samples, the site has followed up with some photos of an supposed iPad Mini engineering sample. According to the molds, the iPad mini will be slightly thinner and two-thirds the size of the current iPad.
The bottom of the iPad Mini features a 19-pin dock connector. There are also two speakers on either side of the dock connector, as opposed to the one speaker currently on the regular iPad. According to the estimates by photoshopping the iPad Mini next to the current iPad, it will likely be around 213.36mm tall and about 143.67mm wide. According to these dimensions, it would be slightly wider and taller than the Nexus 7.
That’s pretty much all the info we could gather from the photos of the engineering sample. Keep in mind that there is no guarantee that this is the exact sample and nothing is confirmed including the possibility of the iPad Mini until it is released. What do you think of the idea of an iPad mini? Would you be interested in one? Let us know in the comments section below.RELATED
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]
- 12.9-Inch iPad To Arrive Early Next Year, Says First Tier Display Supplier
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Apple Reportedly Turns To Samsung For iPad Mini Retina Display Production
- New iPad Mini Shortages Could Be Attributed To Sharp's Low Yield Of Displays [Rumor]
- Follow: iPad mini, rumors,