As if there weren’t enough social media platforms for sharing content with your friends or “followers” already, we’ve got one more to add to the pile. This one is called Ptch and stands out for a number of reasons – it is backed by DreamWorks Animation, and it’s not as straightforward as the rest. Ptch doesn’t want its users to just post up random pictures – Ptch wants its users to create 60-second animated slideshows to showcase their talent and creativity.
As usual, these clips can be uploaded onto Ptch itself and then shared on networks like Facebook and Twitter, or even by email. While I haven’t given the app a shot, it’s said to be easy to use, with a simple drag and drop interface and its own set of filters for spicing up your pictures. Users can also download clips from other people, break them apart and then remix them themselves. Music can also be added to the clips to make things a little more interesting.
Ptch is only available on iOS now, but you can expect it to make its appearance on other platforms in the future. Head over to the Apple App Store to download it now, and let us know what you think about it.
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Lays Out Blueprint For Future Standalone Apps
- 2014-04-23 Instagram's Explore Feature Will Be More Personalized
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Messenger Has 200 Million Users
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-17 Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16 Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-03-30 Facebook Messenger iOS Update Brings Groups, Forwarding And More