As if there weren’t enough social media platforms for sharing content with your friends or “followers” already, we’ve got one more to add to the pile. This one is called Ptch and stands out for a number of reasons – it is backed by DreamWorks Animation, and it’s not as straightforward as the rest. Ptch doesn’t want its users to just post up random pictures – Ptch wants its users to create 60-second animated slideshows to showcase their talent and creativity.
As usual, these clips can be uploaded onto Ptch itself and then shared on networks like Facebook and Twitter, or even by email. While I haven’t given the app a shot, it’s said to be easy to use, with a simple drag and drop interface and its own set of filters for spicing up your pictures. Users can also download clips from other people, break them apart and then remix them themselves. Music can also be added to the clips to make things a little more interesting.
Ptch is only available on iOS now, but you can expect it to make its appearance on other platforms in the future. Head over to the Apple App Store to download it now, and let us know what you think about it.
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-16: Kitestring App Aims To Help You Get Home Safe
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-03-30: Facebook Messenger iOS Update Brings Groups, Forwarding And More
- 2014-03-23: Twitter #Music Bites The Dust
- 2014-03-13: Clones And Free-To-Play Titles Have "Soured" iTunes App Store Experience, According To Report
- 2014-03-12: iOS 7.1 Reminds Users Of 15 Minute Window While Making In-App Purchases