If you have always wanted a say in which games should be released on Steam, you’re in luck. It looks like Valve is turning to the community when it comes to figuring out what games it should be releasing on its video game platform/online store next. According to a press release, Valve has announced Steam Greenlight – a service that will let the community decide what games will go on steam.
Game developers and publishers will post information and media about their games on Steam, while the community will check out them and decide whether they want to see it released on Steam or not. Users rate and leave feedback on games just like what they do to user creations on Steam Workshop. Sounds like a good idea, because this means game developers and publishers will have to work a little harder in convincing the community to greenlight their games if they want to see them distributed via Steam.
Steam Greenlight will be released on August 30. Check out the Greenlight website for more details.RELATED
- YouTube Gaming Channels Received Copyright Violation Warnings
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Digital Storm Teases Steam Machine For CES 2014
- EA Faces Potential Lawsuit Over Battlefield 4
- Steam Machines Shipping To 300 Beta Testers On December 13
- Follow: steam, valve,
- Seen at: store.steampowered