Following yesterday’s announcement of upgrades to Twitter’s website, Twitter announced today that it has released new updates to its iOS and Android apps. The new features of the apps include: the ability to expand apps that let you view content from partner sites from the Twitter app itself (i.e. instead of opening the web browser to take you to a Kickstarter project, you can play its video directly in the Tweet details view in the app), search autocomplete improvements, and push notification support for Tweets from your favorite Twitter accounts.
The updates for the Twitter apps are now live and can be downloaded from the Apple App Store as well as the Google Play Store (for free). Be sure to check update your official Twitter apps if you want to experience the new features mentioned above.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-03-23: Twitter #Music Bites The Dust
- 2014-03-17: Twitter Testing New 'Fave People' Timeline
- 2014-01-30: Twitter iOS App Photo Editing Features Revamped
- 2012-02-21: Twitter app for iPhone and Android updated
- 2011-04-14: Reebok Promise Keeper app uses peer pressure to help you stay fit