As though having millions of people on the internet hooked onto Farmville isn’t enough, it looks like Zynga is out to grab more players – this time in the physical games market. According to reports online, Zynga has been forging deals with toy companies and retailers to bring its virtual games into the real world. One such game being developed with Hasbro is called Farmville Memory, a card game for ages four and up.
Not much about the card game has been revealed but the word “Memory” in its title is probably a hint at the sort of gameplay it involves. No word on when the game will hit the market or which games Zynga will be converting into offline titles next but we’ll keep you posted. Mafia Wars board game, anyone?
- 2014-03-03: Zynga Takes Mobile Route With FarmVille, Words With Friends
- 2014-01-06: Zynga To Start Testing Bitcoin As A Payment Option
- 2013-09-27: Candy Crush Saga Developer Apparently Files For IPO
- 2013-07-31: Zynga Sues Makers Of "Bang With Friends" App Over Alleged Trademark Infringement
- 2013-07-26: Hasbro Launches New Monopoly That Can Be Played In Under 30 Minutes
- 2013-07-08: Don Mattrick Reportedly Tried To Acquire Zynga While At Microsoft