The folks at SINOCET have managed to get their hands on more photos of Apple’s alleged next-gen iPhone. These are pretty much the same components from before, namely an almost-fully assembled front panel but in better quality. As the front panel of the next-gen iPhone looks like the iPhone 4/4S, it’s hard to tell if we are looking at the real deal here, or if this is some kind of mockup. The photos have also revealed the weird square-looking chip where the front-facing camera is which many had assumed is NFC. While the consensus seems to be pointing at it NOT being NFC, since nothing has been officially confirmed it’s hard to say who’s right. In any case with the iPhone 5 rumored for a 12th of September announcement, we guess we’re not surprised that the intensity and the frequency of alleged leaks have started to pop up. Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long to find out the truth, so stay tuned!
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger