Last year, probably to the disappointment of some, Apple did not refresh the iPod touch, unless you count giving it a new coat of paint a “refresh”. Well if you’re hoping that Apple has not forgotten about the iPod touch and you’re also hoping that the device will see a refresh this year, you might not be too far from the truth. Thanks to the folks at GizChina, they have managed to get their hands on some photos of alleged iPod touch casings. These casings have been manufactured by Shenzhen Gekai Technology and they are claiming that these will fit the 5th gen iPod touch.
Assuming the manufacturer has got their specs and dimensions right, we could be looking at a brand new design. It appears to be less tapered compared to the previous generation, and thanks to its elongated hole at the top left corner, it has been suggested that perhaps the 5th gen iPod touch will sport a LED flash to accompany its camera. A mystery hole has also appeared on the bottom left of the casing and it has been speculated that it might have something to do with a larger speaker/microphone arrangement. We suggest you take this with a grain of salt for now, but hypothetically speaking, what sort of features would you guys like to see in the next-gen iPod touch?
- Apple Reportedly Pressuring Music Labels For Exclusive Releases
- iRadio Rumored For Fall Launch Alongside iOS 7
- Apple Reportedly Looking To Pay Half The Royalty Rates That Pandora Does
- Apple Executives Reportedly Met Up With Jimmy Iovine To Talk Music Streaming
- Radio Buttons Found On Jailbroken iPad Corroborates iTunes Streaming Service Rumor