Ford claims that their C-Max Energy, their very first attempt at a plug-in hybrid, is capable of delivering quite the powerful electric punch for those who have nothing but disdain for electric vehicles. Ford Powertrain VP Joseph Bakaj had a session with reporters, where he mentioned, “In that mode, we will be able to offer a top speed of up to 85 miles per hour, a range of more than twenty miles, an extended range of 550 miles in blended operations. That is a best in class range for an extended hybrid here in the U.S.” It sure as heck sounds impressive!
Ford’s C-Max Energi is tipped to make its bow in 19 markets later this fall, where it will arrive in showrooms around the country from early next year onwards. As for the pricing, as long as you have $30,000 or so in your bank account, you should have no issues driving one home to your garage. The Ford C-Max Energi will be a direct competitor to the plug-in version of Toyota’s Prius.RELATED
- If Batman Loved Golf...
- Rolls-Royce To Design Ship To Transport Live Fishes
- Newsmy Navigation Announces CarPad II Android-Powered DVD Navigation Tool
- Man Willing To Sell A Testicle For A Nissan 370Z
- Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- Follow: electric car, ford,
- Seen at: detroit.cbslocal