With Apple gaining a rather important and substantial victory over Samsung in their legal battle, one might think that other companies embroiled in the legal tussle with Apple might start considering their options. One of the many companies that has beef with Apple is none other than HTC, although it was a few months ago that a court had ordered both companies to come to some sort of settlement. Well if you’d rather not see HTC take the settlement route, which could indirectly admit they were at fault, you’re in luck as the Taiwanese company appears to be willing to duke it out with Apple.
HTC’s Chairwoman Cher Wang stated (via Cynes) that the company has no plans on settling their ongoing patent lawsuit with Apple. Instead she appears to be willing to take the whole thing to trial in hopes that the jury will find in HTC’s favor. While it remains to be seen whether HTC will prevail where Samsung didn’t, we wish them all the luck!
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-04-03: HTC One M8 Developer Edition Price To Increase Tomorrow
- 2014-02-07: Nokia And HTC Agree To Settle Their Patent Litigations
- 2014-02-04: HTC To Modify Some Of Its Devices After Nokia Lawsuit
- 2014-01-09: German Court Dismisses Nokia's Lawsuit Against HTC
- 2014-01-01: Nokia Thinks HTC's New Year Resolution Should Be To Stop Infringing On Patents
- 2013-12-22: Nokia Wins Injunction Against HTC In Germany