Another day, another tablet makes its way to the scene, although this is slightly different from the rest by virtue of being a hybrid slate. We have seen the Lenovo IdeaTab S2110 drop by the FCC sometime in the middle of June, so that alone gave the game away that the device itself should be well on its way. Well, fast forward to IFA 2012 in Berlin, Germany, and we have the official announcement of the Lenovo IdeaTab S2110 hybrid slate that first appeared to the masses at CES 2012 as the IdeaTab S2.
Just what kind of specifications does it pack underneath the hood of this 10.1” convertible device? You will find a 1280 x 800 IPS display that sports 420 nits of brightness, a skinned version of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for easy interaction, a Qualcomm dual-core 8060A 1.5GHz processor, a 1.3-megapixel front facing camera and a 5-megapixel shooter at the back, Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi connectivity. We have more photos of the IdeaTab S2110 right at the end of the story, so head on after the jump.
Not only that, it will be able to support WCDMA/EVDO networks, so you are not too far off from a speedy connection to the Internet at all times even if there is no free Wi-Fi in the vicinity. You are able to choose from 16GB and 32GB capacities, so plan your storage carefully, although there is an SD memory card slot thrown into the mix. The base model will retail for $399, while the dock-enhanced puppy is going for a Benjamin more. [Product Page]
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo FLEX 2 Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo Z40 & Z50 Entertainment-Focused Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo A540 AIO Desktop PC Announced
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-06: Lenovo's IBM Server Unit Bid Raises National Security Concerns
- 2013-09-05: Lenovo S5000 Tablet Unveiled
- 2013-09-05: Lenovo Vibe X Smartphone Announced (aka IdeaPhone S960)
- 2013-09-05: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
- 2012-08-30: Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 runs on Tegra 3, packs a mean display
- 2012-08-30: Lenovo IdeaTab A2107 announced