There does not seem to be a clear channel of communication over at LG with their customers when it comes to operating system updates of their Android-powered smartphones. We have had hot-and-cold responses concerning the LG Optimus 2X and LG Optimus Black’s Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich treatment, ranging from having the update coming our way before a denial, followed by a confirmation for the LG Optimus 2X recently – but even that seemed to be limited to South Korea only.
Here is some visual proof that will definitely keep owners of the LG Optimus Black happy, where the latest retail boxes of the LG Optimus Black come with “Android 4.0 ICS upgradable” stickers. No idea on whether this is a legit image though, nor where can such boxes be found, but they are labeled in English, so you can be sure that South Korea is not the country where these LG Optimus Blacks will be sold. Do you think the image itself holds water as being legit?
Next Story: Happtique launches mRx pilot program
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2012-08-24: LG Singapore confirms Ice Cream Sandwich headed for Optimus 2X, Black, 3D, LTE, Prada
- 2012-08-14: LG Optimus 2X confirmed for Ice Cream Sandwich in South Korea
- 2012-08-13: LG Optimus 2X to receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich?
- 2012-07-30: LG Optimus 2X denied Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2012-07-04: LG Prada 3.0 receives Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update in Germany and Italy