There is always a new horizon to explore when it comes to the world of gadgets, and the same applies to the Windows Phone platform. Nokia is one of the biggest smartphone manufacturers that carry the Windows Phone flag flying high, and there are whispers that Nokia is looking to redesign some of its older handset form factors and transform them to wear the Windows Phone hat. Concept-phones.com is a website that tends to carry renders from skilled 3D modellers, although an anonymous tipster (did you expect anyone else) who is known as ‘Johnny’ laid claim to have a ‘friend that worked at a Nokia design studio’.
This particular device was dubbed the Lumia X, where it is said to run on Windows Phone 8 Apollo and is tipped to arrive in the market later this September. Nokia Lumia X will carry design elements that were taken from the company’s earlier Nokia 5700 which was powered by the Symbian platform, where it featured a rotating camera that could perform video calls alongside a 4x optical zoom. Optical zoom is an interesting aspect, especially when most camera phones do tend to be limited to digital zoon. Do you think that the Nokia Lumia X is going to be a hit?
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-02-28: Nokia Lumia 630 Specifications Leaked (Rumor)
- 2014-01-23: Nokia Sold 8.2 Million Lumia Smartphones Last Quarter
- 2013-03-18: Nokia To Offer Software Updates For Lumia 920, Lumia 820, And Lumia 620
- 2013-02-24: Nokia Lumia 520 should be called Lumia Mini
- 2013-02-24: Nokia Lumia 720 With f1.9 Camera Lens