There have been multiple reports suggesting that Apple could be redesigning the dock connector for its next-gen iPhone, taking it from a 30-pin connector down to a 9-pin one. While that remains to be seen, alleged leaked photos from manufacturer Scosche (via iLounge) for accessories for the next-gen iPhone seem to be in line with the rumors. Either that or Scosche is getting ahead of itself by creating accessories based on rumors and speculation, which could prove to be a costly mistake should the next-gen iPhone keep the same dock connector.
In any case, the accessories leaked belong to the “syncABLE Pro” wall charge and the “reNUE Pro” car charger. These accessories plug into the chargers via USB and can also be folded down (in the photo above) to include micro USB charging capabilities as well. We can’t speak for the authenticity of these photographs, but it certainly seems like everything is pointing at a smaller dock connector. In any case the 12th of September is when Apple is expected to announce the device, so check back with us then for confirmation.
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-03-14: Scosche controlFREQ Car Stereo Receiver
- 2013-02-14: Scosche Lightning Connector Cables Now Available
- 2013-01-08: Scosche boomBottle Dishes Out Tunes
- 2013-01-08: Scosche RH1060 Bluetooth Headphones
- 2012-08-29: Scosche accessories for the next-gen iPhone leaked, shows off 9-pin dock connector