Sony Alpha Rumors has managed to get hold of what they claim to be the official specifications of the upcoming Sony NEX-5R shooter, but as with any other rumor out there, it would always be prudent to read it with a pinch of salt, although you are free to add in more salt than usual if the rumor sounds extremely outlandish. It seems that this new mirrorless interchangeable lens camera will come with a 16.1-megapixel APS-C sensor, accompanied by low-light sensitivity of up to 25,600 in addition to a similar 3″ display that can be tilted which is found on the Sony NEX-F3. Apart from that, do expect to check out its 99-point phase-detection and 25 contrast autofocus points, in addition to its ability to record your favorite memories in 1920 x 1080 resolution at 60p.
As for battery life, Sony Alpha Rumors laid claim to the ability of the Sony NEX-5R to shoot 400 pictures on a single charge of a full battery. I guess it is only a matter of patience and time as Sony should announce all of its current deck of cards at their press conference tomorrow. Sony does not seem to be too capable of keeping industry secrets of their own, are they?
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy S3 gets new colors
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2013-08-12: Sony NEX-5T Will Be Similar To The NEX-5R With Additional Features [Rumor]
- 2013-06-05: Sony NEX-5r Successor On The Horizon? [Rumor]
- 2012-08-30: Sony NEX-5R mirrorless camera officially revealed
- 2012-08-29: Sony NEX-5R listed on retailer's website for pre-order
- 2012-08-27: Price drop in Sony NEX-5N suggests NEX-5R's announcement could be imminent