Keep your fingers crossed, all of you who are absolutely in love with custom ROMs on your smartphones – especially folks who are grooving to a Sony Xperia device. Word on the street has it that tonight, we will see a stable CyanogenMod 9 version that is based on the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system to roll out courtesy of the CyanogenMod team. According to the very same CyanogenMod team, they have confirmed that this will, without a doubt, be the final version of CyanogenMod9, as the team will now set their sights on CyanogenMod10 that will be based on the newer and fresher version of the Android operating system – that is, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
I guess this would mark the end of CyanogenMod 9 nightlies (such as for the HTC Sensation and Samsung Galaxy S3), and since this particular release is tipped for the “majority of our ICS supported devices”, keep your fingers and toes crossed that the Sony Xperia range will part of the final equation.
- 2014-03-31: CyanogenMod 11S For OnePlus One Spotted
- 2014-03-24: CyanogenMod Nightlies Adds Business/People Search In Dialer App
- 2014-02-27: OnePlus One Price Under $400
- 2014-02-11: CyanogenMod 11 For Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 ROM Released
- 2014-01-15: CyanogenMod Installer Beta Makes Its Way Onto Mac Computers