Make no mistake about it, the Toshiba Satellite S955 might look like an Ultrabook at first glance, but upon closer inspection, it is nowhere near Ultrabook standards. Still, despite that, this faux Ultrabook will be 30% thinner compared to the current batch of 15″ Toshiba S series notebooks. Underneath the hood, you have a choice of either an Ivy Bridge Core i5 CPU or an AMD A8 APU, and if your budget permits, you are able to cram in up to 8GB of RAM on-board. In terms of storage, there is a maximum of 750GB of hard drive space. No idea on pricing details as at press time, btu it will surely be more affordable compared to the high end P Series.
Since this is meant for the budget-conscious, you can forget about the bells and whistles which accompany the Toshiba P Series, including Harman Karmon audio (now that’s a treat for your ears!) and Sleep-and-Music ports. Here is a little bit of consolation though – you will receive a Sleep-and-Charge port out of the trio of USB ports, where two of them will be the new generation USB 3.0 ports, while the remaining one caters for legacy USB 2.0 compatible devices. Other specifications that remain are HDMI output, an Ethernet jack, a DVD optical drive and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity.
Next Story: Sifteo Cubes updated, next generation beckons
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16: Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2012-08-30: Toshiba LX835 All-In-One (AIO) desktop PC
- 2012-08-30: Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 runs on Tegra 3, packs a mean display
- 2012-08-30: Lenovo IdeaTab A2107 announced
- 2012-08-30: Lenovo IdeaTab S2110 at IFA 2012
- 2012-08-30: Toshiba U925T 12.5" Ultrabook Convertible