Make no mistake about it, the Toshiba Satellite S955 might look like an Ultrabook at first glance, but upon closer inspection, it is nowhere near Ultrabook standards. Still, despite that, this faux Ultrabook will be 30% thinner compared to the current batch of 15″ Toshiba S series notebooks. Underneath the hood, you have a choice of either an Ivy Bridge Core i5 CPU or an AMD A8 APU, and if your budget permits, you are able to cram in up to 8GB of RAM on-board. In terms of storage, there is a maximum of 750GB of hard drive space. No idea on pricing details as at press time, btu it will surely be more affordable compared to the high end P Series.
Since this is meant for the budget-conscious, you can forget about the bells and whistles which accompany the Toshiba P Series, including Harman Karmon audio (now that’s a treat for your ears!) and Sleep-and-Music ports. Here is a little bit of consolation though – you will receive a Sleep-and-Charge port out of the trio of USB ports, where two of them will be the new generation USB 3.0 ports, while the remaining one caters for legacy USB 2.0 compatible devices. Other specifications that remain are HDMI output, an Ethernet jack, a DVD optical drive and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity.RELATED
- Student Advantage Program Launched By Microsoft
- Panasonic Toughbook CF-C2 Battery Life Increases To 14 Hours
- Threshold Could Be Next Windows Update Wave
- Santa’s Grotto Gets The Google Street View Treatment
- ASUS And Toshiba Expected To Launch Intel Haswell Powered Chromebooks In 2014
- Follow: IFA, ifa 2012, toshiba,