Valve, the popular video game development and digital distribution company, is thinking out of the box as it plans to launch a new line of software titles ranging from creativity to productivity this coming September 5. Via press release, the famed creators of Counter-Strike, Left 4 Dead, and Half-Life, said that the announcement marks a major expansion to its platform.
Many of the launch titles will take advantage of popular Steamworks features, however, Valve did not reveal the upcoming titles it is planning to introduce next month. But the gaming company assured that more titles will be gradually added following the launch.
“The 40 million gamers frequenting Steam are interested in more than playing games,” said Mark Richardson at Valve. “They have told us they would like to have more of their software on Steam, so this expansion is in response to those customer requests.”
Next Story: Pinterest opens its registration to the public
- 2014-04-03: Half-Life 2 Reimagined With Unreal Engine Looks Gorgeous
- 2014-03-25: Valve's "Free To Play" Documentary Garners 5.5 Million Views
- 2014-03-19: Valve's DotA 2 "Free To Play" Documentary Is Now Available For Viewing
- 2014-03-17: Developers Reveal That Most Gamers Do Not Finish Their Games
- 2014-03-14: Valve Unveils Latest Steam Controller Design
- 2014-03-02: Steam Family Sharing Now Available For Everyone
- 2014-02-26: Steam Developers Will Soon Be Able To Set Their Own Sales/Discounts
- 2014-02-18: Gabe Newell Says Valve Anti-Cheat Isn't Spying On Users