Google released its Nexus 7 tablet, in collaboration with Asus, earlier this year. But that is just the start of a whole crop of new Nexus devices that may hit the market during 2012. Google is said to be gearing up to release five new Nexus devices before the turn of the year.
According to rumors, one of HTC’s 5-inch smartphones may be a part of the Nexus line-up. To be specific, HTC’s DROID Incredible X smartphone, which is still a rumored device, will be one of the alleged five new Nexus devices.
So far, there’s been no official word on the said HTC smartphone but rumors have it that the device tool a quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor. The display is 5-inch 1080p full HD and it runs Android 4.1.2 which brings a whole host of new features to the device. Under the Nexus branding, it will be termed ‘Nexus 5′ smartphone.
The device packs a 2500 mAh battery which should give it a good, long battery life and quite unsurprisingly features 4G LTE connectivity which is fast-becoming a must-have for the top-range smartphones.
Whether or not this smartphone is actually going to be a part of the Nexus line-up is not known, so we’ll take the bit with a grain of salt. However, given HTC’s history with Android devices, we wouldn’t be surprised if Google eventually ends up partnering with it.
Next Story: Nokia Asha 309 leaked, to be launched tomorrow?
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-16: Google Develops Algorithm That Can Decipher Its Own CAPTCHAs
- 2014-04-16: Google Launches Standalone Camera App For Android
- 2014-04-16: Chrome Remote Desktop Hits Mobile Devices
- 2014-03-18: Nexus Wall Charger On Google Play Store
- 2014-02-06: Next Nexus Tablet Will Be Built By HTC [Rumor]
- 2013-12-08: Google TV Might Be Brought Under The 'Nexus' Umbrella
- 2013-11-30: Google's Nexus Devices Susceptible To SMS Bug That Causes Phones To Reboot
- 2012-02-29: HTC might be interested in making the fourth Nexus device