We’re not sure how many of you guys actually use docks with your iPhone when charging, or you just lie them flat on the table, but for those who do use docks and you’re wondering if Apple might be making one themselves for the iPhone 5, well you might be disappointed. In an email apparently sent by Phil Schiller, Apple’s SVP of Marketing, he stated that there were no plans to introduce a dock for the iPhone 5. Apparently people who want to dock their iPhones already do so via third-party devices like speaker docks or clock systems. In any case we expect that this void will be filled by third-party manufacturers, but for those who are pretty particular about getting officially-made accessories, it looks like you’re out of luck. In any case for those who pre-ordered early, the iPhone 5 should be making its way to your homes in no time, so we guess it’s time to start accessory shopping!
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger