Going green seems to be the trend these days and car manufacturers are starting to come up with ways to make going green a little more appealing. For those who are in the market for a new electric vehicle, it looks like BMW will be unveiling their new i3 Concept electric vehicle in Paris at the Paris Motor Show later this month. This is basically the i3 Concept that BMW has been working on for a while now, but this will be the latest version that they will be revealing. In this particular version, BMW will be emphasizing not just on the vehicle’s ability to cut the need for fuel, but at the same time on the interior of the vehicle which makes use of renewable materials.
Examples of sustainable interior includes the use of an eucalyptus dashboard taken from a sustainable source in Europe, along with the use of natural fibers like wool and a leather tanning agent extract from olive leaves. It sounds pretty good and as far as performance is concerned, the i3 Concept packs 125kW/170bhp and 250Nm of instantly accessible torque that will take the car from 0-100 in a pretty impressive 8 seconds, or so they claim. The battery of the i3 Concept is also expected to take six hours to charge. If this is an electric vehicle you wouldn’t mind getting your hands on, it seems that this i3 Concept is set for serial production in 2013 so we still have quite a way to go.
- 2014-04-10 BMW OLED Laser Lights To Shape The Future Of Vehicle Lighting Systems
- 2014-01-08 BMW Self-Driving Car “Drifts” Around Bends
- 2013-12-20 BMW i8 Key Fob Concept Is Pretty Futuristic
- 2013-12-03 Amazon Cloud Player Now Arrives On BMW And MINI Cooper
- 2013-10-11 BMW i3 Gets Range Extender Option
- 2011-07-29 BMW unveils i3 and i8 eco-friendly cars