You can never quite trust everything that you read on the Internet these days, unless there is a confirmation from the official source. Case in point, the leaked screenshot that you see above allegedly shows off the release date for GTA 5 (Grand Theft Auto 5), which is a hotly anticipated gaming title from Rockstar Games. After all, we have already discovered GTA 5 vehicle names in Max Payne 3, not to mention a Rockstar employee’s CV hinting at an October 2012 release for GTA V as well. The screenshot above shows an alleged data page for Grand Theft Auto 5 that shares vital statistics such as the release window, the confirmation of a PC version, a possible co-op mode and perhaps online multiplayer capability of (hard to believe) up to 64 players. It is like Quake 2 all over again, just with more mayhem.
Since this is a leaked screenshot, it goes without saying that a certain amount of blur comes with the territory, and what you see does not disappoint. I suppose that in the case of hardcore GTA fans, they would echo the words of Fox Mulder, “I want to believe.” Do you?
- 2014-04-08: Grand Theft Auto V On PC, Xbox One And PS4 This June (Rumor)
- 2014-03-18: GTA 5 For PC Beta Test Emails Are Fake And Contain Malware
- 2014-03-02: Skyfall Train Fight Scene Created In GTA 5
- 2014-02-27: Mobster's Daughter Alleges GTA 5 Used Her Story And Likeness Without Her Permission
- 2014-02-06: Rockstar Developer Tweets Hint At GTA 5 For The PC
- 2013-12-03: GTA Online Content Creator Captured In YouTube Video
- 2013-11-14: GTA Online Receiving Free 'Beach Bum' DLC Pack Nov. 19
- 2013-11-07: GTA Online Players Now Receiving $500k Stimulus Package
- 2013-10-30: Rockstar Rewarding Unique Selfies With GTA 5 #EpicPhotobomb Contest
- 2013-10-21: GTA Online Update Halves Money Earned From Repeated Missions