It is widely expected that Apple is going to unveil an iPad mini next month. As if to complement this speculation, a number of purported images of the tablet have been surfacing online. The latest in the list are a set of photos and a video which show off an iPad mini dummy mock-up. Of course, this is definitely not an official dummy, but given that the iPhone 5 mock-ups were pretty much spot on – why not.
The photos show a 7.85-inch tablet that is possibly equipped with LTE connectivity and the new lightning connector that is part of iPhone 5. Apparently, this iPad mini dummy is available on the Chinese website, Taobao, for a price of $13, and there’s a good chance that many iPad case makers are betting on this.
At the top of the tablet is the regular power/lock button which we have seen in the new iPad. The 3.5mm headphone jack is also positioned at the top.
There’s a rear camera and towards the bottom are two speaker configurations. Of course we can’t really say how accurate this dummy is, in comparison to the mini iPad, if there is one at all. It seems that the Chinese case makers are using it as a template to create iPad mini cases, again in anticipation of a possible October launch.
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18: Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16: iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued