We’re sure that many iPhone fans were disappointed when the iPhone 4S was revealed last year as many had originally believed that they would be seeing a brand new design (ourselves included). Well assuming that the leaks are true, this year’s iPhone could sport a new design along with a larger 4” display and assuming that is the case, it is safe to assume that many fans out there will be more than eager to get their hands on the device, so much so that according to Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster, he predicts that Apple could easily sell up to 10 million iPhone 5s in the final week of September (assuming it releases on the 21st like the rumors say).
That is pretty impressive given that the iPhone 4 sold 1.4 million in its first 3 days, while the iPhone 4S achieved 4 million in its launch weekend. In any case this is barring any supply issues Apple might encounter, such as production of displays where Sharp has been rumored earlier to have fallen behind schedule.
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces