Four days before the iPhone 5 is sold in participating retail stores and we already have some New Yorkers starting to line up for the iPhone 5. Four days! I wonder how much productivity is lost in the respective offices that these New Yorkers hold because of a smartphone launch. This line refers to Apple’s flagship store on New York’s 5th Avenue, but four days might not be too early as CNET reported on a handful of followers who already started to queue since last Friday itself, which is one whole week prior to the iPhone 5’s release.
Needless to say, sleeping bags and collapsible chairs will be a common sight around the flagship Apple store in that part of the world. If you happen to be on the lookout for a new iPhone, would you be one of those who would be lining up as well? After all, online stocks are already sold out while hitting a new pre-order record within an hour, and estimated shipping times of the iPhone 5 was also pushed back by a couple of weeks.
Next Story: More Oppo Find 5 details divulged
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-02-13: iPhone Tops Japan Market Share
- 2013-02-05: iPhone Battery Case: Mophie Juice Pack Helium Shipping Next Week
- 2013-01-28: Budget iPhone Could Be A Frankenstein Phone Borrowing From iPhone 5, iPod Touch [Rumor]
- 2013-01-22: Verizon Activates Over 6 Million iPhones In Q4 2012
- 2013-01-15: iPhone 5S To Begin Production In March; Launching In June/July [Rumor]