So we reported earlier that pre-orders for Apple’s new iPhone 5 had gone live. Well despite sentiments online which displayed the disappointment of many hopefuls regarding the iPhone 5, it looks like the numbers don’t lie and if you weren’t quick enough to place your pre-order in a timely manner, you’re going to have to wait a little longer for your iPhone 5 to arrive. Yup it looks like estimated shipping times for the US, UK, Canada, Germany and Australia have now slipped to a 2 weeks waiting time which means that those who purchase the phone now might have to wait up to an additional 2 weeks after the official release on the 21st.
Of course the alternative would be to go and line up at the retail stores if you really want the phone on the 21st itself, if not we guess iPhone 5 hopefuls will need to be patient. So, will you be lining up at an Apple store, or will you be waiting up to an additional 2 weeks, or will you not be getting the iPhone 5 after being “disappointed”?
Update - It seems like you can order directly from AT&T where the phone is still expected to ship on the 21st of September. We just placed our order so we know it’s still available, at least for now. We did run into a couple of hiccups due to server issues, so you might have to try a couple of times for the order to get processed.
Next Story: iPhone 5 pre-orders go live
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger