Apple is planning on unveiling its next iPhone at its September 12th event. It has been speculated that Apple may actually release the next iPhone on September 21st. We recently reported that FedEx is gearing up for a surge volume event on the dates September 21st to September 24th which, some suggest, is in anticipation for shipping the massive iPhone orders on its release.
This speculation has been further reaffirmed by folks over at Geeky Gadgets who have now claimed to have received inside information from a credible source. According to their source, the next iPhone will indeed become available on Sept 21st.
Another interesting bit that has been claimed by this source is that the device will be available for pre-release on September 14th, two days after the launch event. This is in contrast to the popular notion that the device will become available for pre-order as soon as Apple takes off the wraps on September 12th.
This insider source of information further claims that the price for iPhone 5 will be similar to the current iPhone 4S prices. This, if it’s true, doesn’t really come as a surprise since Apple has a knack of keeping its prices fairly consistent with subsequent launches.
Next Story: MG Android gaming device for kids in the making
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2013-09-26 iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16 iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-12 ChargeKey Is A Lightning Cable Small Enough To Fit On Your Keychain
- 2013-09-02 Wal-Mart iPhone 5 And iPad Prices Slashed