Apple is all set to unveil its new flagship smartphone, expectantly called the iPhone 5, in its launch event on September 12th. A fresh round of rumors is now suggesting that the company may also unveil new iPod touch at the occasion.
In the past, it has been suggested by analysts that Apple may use components from its existing iOS devices to create a new iPod touch. Such speculations have been backed by Will Strafach. He tweeted from his account that the new iPod touch will feature a 1136 x 640 resolution display.
Strafach further claims that the new iPod touch will feature an S5L8942X chip. This model number rings closely with the A5 chip number that we have seen being used for the iPad 2 processor.
Moreover, it is also claimed that the new iPod touch is known as ‘N78AP’ at Apple. Whereas Strafach suggests that the new iPod touch will certainly feature a powerful processor, he says that it will be slower than the chip that goes into the new iPhone. He also tweeted that the new iPhone as well as iPod touch will feature support for panorama photos but eventually deleted the tweet mentioning this.
It is hard to ascertain how true are these claims. So for now, we will take them with a grain of salt and wait for the September 12th event to see what Apple has got up its sleeve.
Next Story: iPad mini images arrive, are they legit or not?
- 2014-01-28: Apple Q1 2014 Earnings Announced
- 2014-01-27: iPod Sales Are On The Decline
- 2013-12-29: Man Buys iPod From Target And Gets Box Stuffed With Erasers, Twice
- 2013-09-11: How To Install iOS 7 Onto Your iPhone, iPad, iPod Right Now
- 2013-09-11: Apple Updates iPod Line With iPhone 5S' Space Grey Color Option
- 2011-11-13: First generation iPod nano faces battery overheating issues, Apple issues replacements
- 2011-10-03: iLoveHandles BARNACLE holds your iPhone 4 on smooth surfaces
- 2011-09-27: Rumor: Apple to discontinue iPod shuffle and iPod classic?
- 2011-08-12: New iPods coming this September?
- 2011-08-08: Bluelounge MiniDock turns wall sockets into iPhone docks