A week ago we reported that according to the rumors, LG’s upcoming Optimus G Android phone could also be one of the several upcoming Google Nexus handsets. Well it seems that Spanish website, Movilzona has “confirmed” that possibility. This is according to their source who apparently is connected to Vodafone (or at least that’s what Google Translate has suggested), who has also offered up some additional details about LG’s rumored Nexus device.
The upcoming Nexus handset is said to feature a 4.7” display which will apparently be of the same quality and detail offered by Apple’s Retina Display. Given that the Optimus G has a 4.7” display and a resolution of 1280×768, we can’t help but wonder if the LG Nexus and the Optimus G could be the same device. This can hardly be called official information, but given that it’s around that time of the year when Google is expected to announce their next Nexus device, we expect Nexus-related rumors to start ramping up. Either way we’ll take this with a grain of salt for now, but what do you think? If this is indeed the case, Google’s next Nexus will probably the most powerful yet.
- 2014-04-21: LG G3 Mini Headed For AT&T (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21: LG G3 Mini Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20: The LG L65 Is Official
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2013-12-13: LG Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat Begins Rolling Out For Some Users [Update]
- 2013-10-02: LG Optimus G To Get Android 4.4 KitKat Update In October, According To LG France
- 2013-06-21: LG Holding Press Event On August 7; Next-Gen Optimus G Incoming?
- 2013-04-03: AT&T LG Optimus G Receives Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-03-07: Sprint LG Optimus G Receives Jelly Bean Update