The new technology that will be a part of Firefox 18 is IonMonkey which is a just-in-time (JIT) compiler. In the past, Firefox has made use of other compilers such as TraceMonkey and JagerMonkey but with this this new JIT compiler, Mozilla is taking a rather new approach.
- 2014-04-10: Firefox OS 2.0 Begins To Take Shape
- 2014-03-19: Former Firefox Developer Explains Mozilla's Decision To Drop Its Modern UI Project
- 2014-03-19: Firefox Powers Better In-Browser Games At GDC14
- 2014-03-14: Mozilla Kills "Firefox For Metro" Project Citing Low Adoption
- 2014-03-12: Unreal Engine 4 Runs On Firefox
- 2014-02-11: Firefox Has New Tab Page Ads For Sale