Just a couple of days ago, we saw the Nokia RM-581 Columbus prototype that never made it to the market released, and here is a leak of the N9 successor that was given the codename “Lauta”. Meant to roll out right after the Nokia N9 was launched, it seemed that the Nokia Luta RM-742 never made it. It seems that the Lauta shared similar hardware specifications (as well as design, as you can see above) to the N9, although the main difference would be a full QWERTY keyboard.
There is a black and magenta combo colored version of the Nokia Lauta as well, but as with the Columbus, this is also a prototype. It was said that retail units would see similar screen and body colors, but it is a little bit too late for regrets now. I do wonder just how the Nokia RM-742 Lauta would have fared had it been released at the correct moment.
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility