If you own an iOS or Android device, then chances are you’ve either played or heard of the popular free running game, Temple Run by Imangi. For those unfamiliar, it’s a game where players try to collect as many coins as they can while avoiding obstacles and while trying to run as far as they can. It’s a strangely addictive game and is certainly a great way to pass the time while waiting for class to start or waiting for friends or while commuting to your destination. Interestingly it seems that Imangi has teamed up with Spin Master Games and announced that a Temple Run board game will be making its way into stores come 1st of October.
Dubbed Temple Run Danger Chase, we’re not sure how exactly this one will play out, but based on the box art (pictured above), an “electronic idol” will be included. We’re not sure if this will tie in with the mobile game or if it will be completely separate, but it will be interesting to see how they have managed to take a mobile game and turned it into a board one. Perhaps it might be even more engaging, or perhaps it might lose the charm and the point of Temple Run to begin with, but we guess we will have to wait and see what everyone else thinks of it! So, anyone planning on picking up the board game version when it has been released?
- 2014-04-14 Temple Run 2 Gets Cloud Support
- 2014-03-20 Temple Run Developer Shares Early Prototypes Of The Game
- 2013-07-11 Temple Run To Hit More Lumia Handsets Soon
- 2013-05-17 Temple Run Franchise Surpasses 300M Downloads; Temple Run 2 Update Incoming
- 2013-03-27 Temple Run Makes Its Long-Awaited Debut On Windows Phone