If the photo above looks familiar, it’s because you’ve probably seen a similar keyboard case for the iPhone 4/4S before. The good news is that this particular model has been created for the iPhone 5 in mind and in case it wasn’t obvious enough, it adds a slideout QWERTY keyboard for those who prefer tactile feedback instead of tapping away on the onscreen keyboard.
Dubbed the Keyboard Buddy, this keyboard case will pair with your iPhone via Bluetooth 2.0 and will be powered by its own battery, which apparently will last you up to two weeks on a single charge – pretty impressive we have to admit. The battery is rechargeable via micro USB and will set you back $90. Previously keyboard cases tend to add quite a bit of bulk to the iPhone, but given that the iPhone 5 is not only lighter and thinner, perhaps adding the Keyboard Buddy to the mix might not be as obtrusive as you might think.
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger