Social networks are increasingly positioning themselves to cater to the mobile audience in a better way. In a bid to do so, Twitter has now revamped its app for iPad with better design and looks as well as newer features.
The new Twitter for iPad app comes with the option to add a ‘cover photo’, much like Facebook, to your account. The cover photo will be visible to your followers when they visit your profile page through their tablet or smartphone. It won’t influence the web interface just yet.
The redesign also pushes the Home, Connect, Discover and Me buttons to the left, providing a cleaner look to the app. Moreover, you can expand a tweet by tapping it and if it expands into a photo, you can further tap the photo to watch it full screen. You can also view your entire photo stream by swiping the photos left or right.
The Activity page has a new section of ‘Who to follow’ which furnishes suggestions on such accounts which you may be interested in following. The app also provides the ability to add a background image to your profile page.
These changes have already been incorporated into the iPad app and some of them, including the cover photo as well as the ability to view your photo stream, have also been added to the Twitter apps for iPhone and Android.
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2013-04-12: Twitter Music iOS App Currently Available For 'Influencers'
- 2011-11-02: Meet The Tweet lets you follow Twitter feeds without an account
- 2011-10-12: Twitter fully integrated into iOS 5
- 2011-08-04: Twitter HTML5 web app for iPad launched
- 2011-03-09: Zite – the iPad magazine that learns