If you think a 13” MacBook Pro is more portable versus a 15” one, you may have heard rumors that Apple could be announcing a 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display alongside the iPad mini, which according to the rumors, has been pegged for a 23rd of October announcement. That being said, it seems that the 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display has been “confirmed” for Apple’s event. This is according to the folks at 9to5 Mac who have been tipped off by a reliable source from a high-profile US retailer.
The specs of the device were not mentioned, although according to their source, the 13” MacBook Pro will not only be smaller, but is also expected to be thinner and lighter compared to its 15” Retina counterpart which was launched earlier this year. It will also come in two different configurations and will be up for purchase “soon” after its introduction. In any case we’re a little over a week before the rumored 23rd of October event, so we guess we won’t have long to wait to see if the rumors pan out, so check back with us then for the details.
- 2014-03-05: 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-07: Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03: OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30: Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28: Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes