The iPad mini launch event is scheduled for the 23rd of October – at least that’s what the reports are claiming (formal invitations have yet to be sent). Specs of the device are still unknown, but speculated, and thanks to the folks at Mac Rumors, they have received a set of photos that claim to be the iPad mini’s battery. It’s hard to tell if it’s the real deal, but we guess we can speculate for now. So what sort of battery life are we looking at for the iPad mini? The third-gen iPad features a pretty impressive battery life but will the iPad mini be able to pack that much battery into its smaller frame?
Well according to the labels, the alleged iPad mini battery runs at 3.72 volts and offers 16.7 Whr or energy on a 4,490mAh battery. This places the iPad mini’s battery life between the iPhone 5’s 5.45 Whr and the third-gen iPad’s at a whopping 42.5 Whr. This isn’t too surprising as many had speculated that the iPad mini would resemble the iPad 2 more than the new iPad. Either way with rumors suggesting that it will be WiFi only and without a Retina display, we expect that the 16.7 Whr battery will last you a good while, but we will need to test it out for ourselves before coming to a proper conclusion. Either way hopefully all will be revealed at Apple’s rumored 23rd of October event, so stay tuned!
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18: Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16: iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued