If you own an iPad, then the company AU Optronics might be one familiar to you as they are one of the suppliers for Apple’s iPads’ display. Well recently the company has announced a 4.46” HD display with 317ppi and a 1mm border surrounding it, giving the impression that the display is larger than it really is. This is possible thanks to the company’s proprietary super narrow border technology and low-temperature poly-silicon method. As for the quality of the display, it uses AMOLED, IGZO and AHVA technologies. At the same time AU Optronics has also revealed a 10” IGZO display with a rather impressive resolution of 2560×1600 and a border of 1.5mm, which could lead to some pretty thin devices. We’re not sure who will be picking up AU Optronics’ displays, but perhaps we could be seeing them used in next year’s iPad.
Next Story: Nexus 3 device revealed in photo's EXIF data
- 2013-03-25: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rumored To Have Unbreakable Display
- 2013-02-12: Vuzix WRAP 1200AR Eyewear Released
- 2012-10-29: AU Optronics reveals 4.46" HD display with 1mm border
- 2011-12-05: Century unveils LCD-8000DA auxiliary display
- 2011-11-23: Apple television expected mid-2012, Sharp to supply display panels
- 2011-11-21: LG and Samsung could debut 55" OLED displays next year