So, there has been quite a fair number of buzz surrounding the iPad mini in the days preceeding this, so why not throw another bone at the rumor mill with word that AU Optronics is currently developing iPad mini displays (by the millions, we presume) ahead of the purported November release date? Apple has allegedly sought AU Optronics to construct displays for a smaller display iPad (we are looking at 7.85” here), although it is Taiwanese news source Digitimes here who have been really hit or miss when it comes to rumors being spot on.
Do you think that AU Optronics are one of the hardware manufacturers for the alleged new iPad mini, or is just a red herring that is thrown into the myriad of rumors to throw nosey journalists off the actual trail? One just needs to wait and be patient to find out. After all, November is not too far behind now, is it? Do bear in mind that what you see above is but a mockup, and is definitely far from the real deal.
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]