So, there has been quite a fair number of buzz surrounding the iPad mini in the days preceeding this, so why not throw another bone at the rumor mill with word that AU Optronics is currently developing iPad mini displays (by the millions, we presume) ahead of the purported November release date? Apple has allegedly sought AU Optronics to construct displays for a smaller display iPad (we are looking at 7.85” here), although it is Taiwanese news source Digitimes here who have been really hit or miss when it comes to rumors being spot on.
Do you think that AU Optronics are one of the hardware manufacturers for the alleged new iPad mini, or is just a red herring that is thrown into the myriad of rumors to throw nosey journalists off the actual trail? One just needs to wait and be patient to find out. After all, November is not too far behind now, is it? Do bear in mind that what you see above is but a mockup, and is definitely far from the real deal.
- 2014-04-09 Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31 iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23 Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18 Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16 iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 2013-10-22 New iPad Mini Gets Retina Display
- 2013-07-08 Second Generation iPad Mini Might Be Delayed
- 2013-05-05 10-inch Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet Rumored
- 2013-03-31 Apple Denied iPad Mini Trademark
- 2013-03-29 Apple Could Ditch Samsung As iPad Mini Display Supplier