Ebay user universityarchives02 is listing a 1998 Toshiba Pro laptop. He didn’t offer specs, but we can guess it’s packing a 233MHZ “Tillamook” Pentium processor, a 10X CD-ROM drive, a built-in 33.6 Kbps modem with standard RJ-11 jack and a cellular-phone cable port, 32MB RAM and a 3.8GB hard disk, for the low, low price of $125,000. What? It’s because the Toshiba laptop was used by President Bill Clinton to email John Glenn in space.
Bill Clinton’s Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop also includes presidential correspondence with astronauts, signed pictures, and other near priceless presidential memorabilia. But the most priceless memorbilia may be digital: the the listing claims that ”it still has the historic message to John Glenn in space on the hard drive,” which means it probably wasn’t wiped. Considering that President Clinton didn’t consider email secure, there probably aren’t too many classified secrets, but you might be able to see Bill’s best minesweeper score.
What do you guys think? Line up to submit bids here.
- Man Breaks Guinness World Record By Typing With His Nose
- Video Of Kids Reacting To A Rotary Phone Might Make You Feel Old
- Flexcoin Shuts Down After Over $600,000 Of Bitcoins Were Stolen
- Couple Tries Saving Flat Screen TV While Apartment Burns
- Samsung Oscars Selfie Retweets Matched With Equal Donation To Charities