Every smartphone company needs a flagship model, otherwise how the heck is it supposed to be able to stamp its mark on the market? Well, it seems that leaked hardware specifications of the BlackBerry Aristo have hit the Internet, where it will be part of the BlackBerry 10 dance that is happening real soon. Of course, this will have nothing to do with the BlackBerry L-Series, but rather, will be part of the BlackBerry A-Series that touts a 4.65” OCTA Glass OLED display with a resolution count of 720 x 1280 pixels. The OCTA segment of the display was developed by Samsung, and it is really slim, allowing the BlackBerry Aristo to lay claim to the mantle of being the thinnest BlackBerry to date at 8.85mm.
Underneath the hood, you will find a quad-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm APQ8064 Krait processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB of internal memory which can be further augmented by a microSD memory card slot. Too bad the battery cannot be removed, although carrying a charge of 2,800mAh, it should last quite the distance even for a heavy user. Two cameras are present – an 8-megapixel shooter at the back, and a 2-megapixel one in front. Other features include WiFi, microUSB, NFC, DLNA and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity. I wonder how much this potential flagship is going to cost if the leaked specifications prove to be correct.
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2013-07-11: Research In Motion Officially Renamed To Blackberry, As Per Shareholder Vote
- 2013-02-04: BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 Review Sentiment
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry 10 Launched, RIM's Roadmap for 2013
- 2013-01-28: White BlackBerry 10 Z10 Pictures Leak Online