Samsung launched the third release on its Galaxy S line-up of smartphones, Galaxy S3, with a lot of high hopes. The company went a long way to equip the device with the top-of-the-range hardware as well as a number of really cool features. Subsequently, after the launch, Samsung officials cited high hopes with the sales of Galaxy S3.
Back in August this year, while the iPhone 4S sales had retarded in anticipation for the iPhone 5 release, Galaxy S3 was able to grab the crown of being the top-selling smartphone in the U.S. One would’ve thought that after the release of iPhone 5, Samsung’s sales may suffer an imminent decline. However, the device is apparently continuing with its success, at least in some quarters. America’s fourth largest carrier, T-Mobile, has now announced that Galaxy S3 has become its all-time best-selling device.
This certainly means that the big hopes that Samsung had pinned on this handset are definitely paying off. This also means that Samsung has finally found a solid place in the smartphone arena, a position which may remain unaffected with the march of iPhone’s successes.
At the same time, this is good news for the Android community since Samsung is, in effect, the leading Android vendor in the smartphone arena.
Next Story: Researchers ready magic carpet for nursing homes
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected By End Of March
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 t999 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March