s3-explode-bedExploding smartphones are nothing new, and such instances have caused misery, pain and a whole lot of grief in the past. The Samsung Galaxy S3, while a great phone when it was first released, was acknowledged by Samsung to have heat-related issues, having exploded in a Thai bank before. This time around, it was a Galaxy S3 which was left to charge overnight in Kajaani, Finland, where it then exploded.

Apparently, the owner of the smartphone happened to be sleeping on the same bed when the explosion occurred, resulting in a gaping hole right from the sheets all the way down to the mattress. Thankfully, the boy did not place the Galaxy S3 on his chest, otherwise who knows what might have happened then? It was left to charge overnight when the Galaxy S3 exploded and ended up as a total loss

The parents of the boy are not going to contact their insurance company or Samsung, as they felt that nothing would have or could have been done simply because the handset itself is already so old. Thankfully, at the end of it all, no one was seriously injured in the incident. Who is to blame here? We don’t really know – could it be a third party charger or battery that was used, considering the age of the handset?

Filed in Cellphones. Read more about and . Source: yle.fi

  • 1280x720
  • Super AMOLED
  • 306 PPI
8 MP
  • f/2.6 Aperture
2100 mAh
  • Removable
  • No Wireless Charg.
  • Exynos 4412
  • MicroSD
~$295 - Amazon
133 g
Launched in
Storage (GB)
  • 64

Discover more from Ubergizmo

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading